Brookes Blog

Friday, November 25, 2005

Baby Names

Well this post is for Frema.

We are not going to find out what we are having. We did not find out with Matthew and the best part was the look on Matt's face when the doctor said "It's a boy!" I can't wait to see what his face looks like this time. I was kind of glad we didn't find out at the end because I had to be induced. So, I knew the date that I was going in and I knew when the baby's birthday was going to be and it was nice to have at least one surprise. I am more tempted to find out with this one though because I would like to know if I should give some of Matthews baby clothes away or save them for this baby. But, I'm not going to find out. Ok on to the baby names.

For a boy we settled on Michael Allan. I know that it is a very common name but we just could not agree on any other names and these two names have meaning. Michael was Matt's grandfathers name and it is his Uncle's name. His Uncle only had one child and he had a girl, so the name was not going to be carried on and everyone in both our families really really liked it. Allan is Matt's middle name. He said that if he had another son that he would like him to have part of his name in the baby's name. He also thought that it would be kind of cool for him and his two boys to have the same middle name. He was really excited and I could not tell him no so Michael Allan it will be. Plus all three of them would have the same initials MAB.

As for a girls name we are still deciding. When I was pregnant with Matthew we were set on naming our girl Paige Elizabeth. (Elizabeth is my Mom's name, my middle name and Frema's middle name!) I loved the name Paige since I was like 9 years old. But, some people kind of ruined the name for us. First of all Matt's lovely older brother named his dog Paige and he keeps making comments on how he is going to say that we named our child after a dog. Then, there is a little girls who lives up stairs from us and her name is Paige and she is a hillbilly child. She smells, she's annoying and just ruined the name for me. So I am kind of turned off by the name now. So, we are still deciding on a girls name. Which hopefully is a sign that we are having a girl because with Matthew we had a girls name picked out but not a boys name and this time we have a boys name and not a girls name. When we decide on a girls name you guys will be the first to know. Till next time.

8 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said...

Well I think Michael Allan is a great name! That's so cool that all three men would have the same initials then.

Sorry to hear about the hillbilly child ruining Paige for you. I really liked the name Julia until I met a burnout with that name.

I love you and I would like to see you this weekend. Call me when you can. I've called a few times, but just am figuring your busy with holiday madness! :)

XOXOXOXOXOXO

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Frema said...

In the same tradition of Paige, you could name your little girl Read. I actually think that's a really cute name!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Luke said...

If the baby's a girl, you could name her Frema.

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth sue sounds good

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke where are you

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I'm coming back soon I promise.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Number Twelve said...

Love the fact that you read and comment on my blog. And, your mom comments on my blog and signs "brooke's mom". So cute, makes me smile you have a mom that reads blogs. I *sigh* do not.

As you prepare yourself for number two... my husband STILL is lobbying for a number four. I am here seeking reassurance that I'm not being selfish and that I don't want to care for three kids while pregnant with my fourth. Had to share.

Love Frema's suggestion "Read," but Mo

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger kiraniluri said...

really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend krcv prasad, hyderabad, i have read all posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that, i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, babies names

 

Post a Comment

<< Home