Brookes Blog

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Love story

I'm jealous Number Twelve and Frema both have these cute stories of how they meet their loves and mine is kind of boring.

I actually meet him on my best-friends birthday, in 1999. I was driving with one of my friends in her car to go meet this guy that she had a huge crush on. When we arrived at the house that this guy was at, I seen Matt. He was wearing a red Old Navy fleece sweater with a nice pair of non-wrinkled, non-ripped jeans and his hair was perfectly in place. He looked even hotter next to his friends who were wearing wrinkle, ripped jeans. One was wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt and the other was wearing an old army jacket. Hmmm which one would you have picked? My friend was going for the one in the army jacket! Well, my friend invited all of them to come to her house and hang out, drink and play on the computer.

(Before we showed up at this house my friend was suppose to drop me off at my best friends house for her birthday.)

Well, after my friend invited them over, Matt looked at me and asked if I was going to be there. I should have told him "No, I have a very important place to be" but I said, "yeah sure for a little while." I felt like a terrible friend at this point but hey I had a chance to get with this hottie! We all went back to my friends house and hung out in her basement. Matt and I ended up off in a corner by ourselves talking and playing catch with a little ball. It was going really nice till his other friend, the one with the Marilyn Manson shirt, came over and started to hit on me. I then looked at the clock and realized I was suppose to be at my best friends house 3 hours ago! So, we all hopped in the car and they dropped me off. My best friend was really cool with me showing up three hours late for her party, she's the best!

We chatted on the internet, talked on the phone and hung out with my friend and his two friends for a couple of weeks and we officially started to go out on November 21. Then the rest is history.
(My friend and his friend never worked out. She actually wanted Matt instead, but I won!)

5 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Frema said...

This is a great story. Do you know how many times I hoped to meet "The One" in high school? Actually, I thought I was dating him (Nick). Good thing I was wrong--who wants a soul mate who can't keep a job and steals from his momma?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Well good thing you did not meet the one in high school because then you would never be with the wonderful Luke.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Number Twelve said...

Well, Brooke, I'M jealous because your profile pic is gor-GEOUS, and I have no idea how to upload one and I work on a computer for a living. Go fig.

And I know who will love love love your "how I met your Daddy" story. Your lil' ones... and those are the only ones that really count.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get credit for the first kiss,just kidding. I agree with number 12. Nice picture.
love you

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Sambo V. said...

Your best friend sounds great!! :) You have an awesome story and I love you very much. Sorry I haven't called you back yet...I AM going to soon and I LOVE YOU!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home